Help Our Foodbank
Over the last 12 months every one of our services has seen a steady increase in client numbers. The Foodbank - a strong indicator of trends - continues to give out more and more foodparcels. In 2016 we gave over 26,000 parcels.
Emergency food is provided for those in need. The City Mission’s foodbank is open between 9.00am and 12.30pm Monday to Friday. A large quantity of the food that the Mission distributes to clients is kindly donated by generous businesses and donors. We see around 30 clients/families per day requiring food assistance.
Donations to the Mission’s Foodbank are enormously appreciated. You can donate by:
- Delivery to our reception at 276 Hereford Street
- A donation through the mail (PO Box 1032, Christchurch) or made at reception
- The Mission collects food and provisions (toiletries, cleaning products, baby products, blankets and warm clothing etc.) from people who have contacted us either by phone (03 365 0635) or email.
- The Brown Paper Bag Appeal insert in The Press is held each year with the support of New World supermarkets which collect bags of groceries filled by customers for the City Mission.
- Tertiary institutions, particularly primary and secondary schools often have “reachout weeks” when they encourage their students to bring along a can or a packet of non-perishable food for donation to the Mission.
For donating or seeking food contact Mary Wood firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone:03 3650635